Recruiting: I am recruiting undergraduate research interns. Send me an email if you feel interested in doing research with me at Rutgers University. Preferably with excellent programming skills and master commonly used algorithms and data structures so that you can get started right away.
Welcome to my homepage
I am an assitant professor in the Computer Science Department at Rutgers University since 2019. I obtained my PhD from Tsinghua University in 2016 and had my Postdoc training at MIT CSAIL. I regularly publish my research at major data management and database system conferences e.g., SIGMOD, PVLDB, and ICDE.
My research interests are data management, data science, and database systems, with a focus on developing novel algorithm and buiding practical systems to address data problems. My current research topics includes:
- scalable data curation (textual data curation, structured data curation, and feature data curation)
- data manipulation and wrangling at scale
- data integration, data cleaning, and data discovery
- scientific dataset management, data lake management, data warehouse management
What’s newThe Invisiable Failures (selected)
- 2021-05: My student Chaoji Zuo is in the finalist of SIGMOD programming contest. The task this year is is an Entity Resolution problem. He used random forest (and more) and achieved >0.93 F1-score.
- 2021-03: A paper got accepted by SIGMOD 2021.
- 2020-10: A paper got accepted by PVLDB 2020.
- 2021-05: A preproposal got rejected by DOE
- 2021-05: Microsoft Faculty Fellowship proposal got rejected
- 2021-03: A paper got rejected by SIGMOD 2021
- 2020-10: A paper got rejected by CIDR 2021
- 2020-06: My NSF proposal got rejected
- 2019-10: A paper got rejected by CIDR 2020
- 2019-10: Microsoft Investigator Fellowship proposal got rejected
Weiqi Feng, Dong Deng*
Allign: Aligning All-Pair Near-Duplicate Passages in Long Texts.
Runhui Wang, Dong Deng*
DeltaPQ: Lossless Product Quantization Code Compression for High Dimensional Similarity Search.